Saturday, January 3

old sweaters..donate them!

Happy New Year to ALL!!!! To kick off the New Year I decided to put a photo of me wearing some adorable, whimsical mitts (& the scarf) up. I found these mitts (thanks to Kay) at a shop in North Conway, NH. They are hand made by a lady in Maine who donates part of the proceeds to different places. For example the local library (local to her in Maine). I always like when I find items that help local charities at "home".

These mitts are wool on the outside, cute old buttons and fleece lined. I have 4 people stop me ask about them. I contacted the lady who creates them and she uses all kinds of items. If anyone has wool, flannel, or blended sweaters that have stains, rips or are too small now (kids out grown them)!! She only uses portions of them-please let me know or drop off at my studio on the steps. She uses flannel on the inside and any and all buttons that you may have laying around. You know when you purchase new items, they give you extra buttons...well, I have probably 100 of those and I am going to give them to her. Most of the clothes they below to are looooonnng gone.


Thanks in advance for the donations.
Valerie